Futures Day has been added to the exciting lineup of Homecoming events here in Mattoon.
When: Sept. 26. at Mattoon High School
First session from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Second Session from 5 p.m.-7 p.m. for any parents/guardians who want to learn more about the schools and professions in and around the area.
To help move this forward Mattoon in Motions work force committee which consist of, Mattoon High School, Lake Land College, LSC Communications, Eastern IL Education for Employment Systems 340, Sarah Bush Lincoln health center, The Mattoon Chamber of Commerce, the City of Mattoon, Innovative Staff Solutions and many volunteers are working on making this day a success.
We encourage parents and students to take part in this great learning opportunity.
There are over 50 different organizations, colleges, and tech programs from around the area who will be represented on Futures Day.
We want our students to explore their options. A great way to accomplish this is to have those representing different job fields, higher education and technical schools personally meet with our students. This learning opportunity is not only beneficial for our students, but it benefits those visiting our school. They will have the chance to meet with the regions’ most talented students as well as interacting with some of our future leaders.Mattoon High School principal Rich Stuart
One of the Goals of Mattoon in Motion is developing a thriving workforce that meets the needs of area employers and employees. As a community, there are several workforce opportunities which can help you or your child succeed.
Recently Mattoon in Motion workforce development committee surveyed many parents during registration at Mattoon High School. We asked five questions on the survey.
- How will informed do you feel regarding the range of options available to their student after they complete high school?
- How well informed do you feel regarding educational options available to their student (junior college university trade school, apprenticeships, etc.)
- How well informed do you feel regarding scholarship opportunities available to your student?
- How well informed do you feel regarding current career opportunities in the Mattoon area?
- How well equipped do you feel to help your student make decisions on their next steps after high school?
From these survey results, we are developing ways to disseminate the needed information to the parents in the area.
If you or your organization want to participate in Futures Day, please click here. The deadline is September 5th.