The Midtown TIF is a redevelopment project area that combines commercial, industrial and residential characteristics. The core of the redevelopment project area is the downtown commercial area.
A few General Requirements and Restrictions
- Applications will be considered on a first come, first served basis, but limited by these incentive policies and criteria.
- The project must be consistent with the Midtown Redevelopment Plan and the City’s Zoning Ordinance.
- Priority will be given to projects that will generate property tax increment revenues.
- Priority will be given to projects in the Phase One area of the Midtown Redevelopment Project. Improvement outside the Phase One Redevelopment Area may be given a priority if the return on investment will be at least 50% over a term of ten years.
- The Project will help diversify and supplement the existing business mix within the Midtown Redevelopment Area.
To see all the General Requirements and Restrictions see the Incentive Policies and Criteria
One can find additional information and maps in the Mattoon Midtown Redevelopment Plan and Project Document.
You can find the application for MidTown TIF here