The Housing Matrix is a place where the people of Mattoon Illinois can see if they qualify for different housing programs offered in our community. Please click on the corresponding household size that you currently have to see if you qualify based on your annual income. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact the corresponding agency.
If you would like to participate in Mattoon in Motions Housing Committee please contact us today.
Below is the contact information for the corresponding agencies that are providing these services.
Who to contact for more information
- one on one free financial counseling – Abundant Life Financial Coaching, Joe and Jane Baptist, 217-232-1632.
- Ameren 1-800-755-5000 – some are free some are ‘cost share’
- Coles County Habitat for Humanity – Melissa McDaniel Executive Director P.O. Box 226 990 W. State St Charleston, IL 61920 217-348-7063
- Erba Housing Counseling (one one one) – homebuyer education, budget and credit counseling, foreclosure delinquency, rental and homeless counseling, post-purchase counseling, budget, and credit 101 workshops (class), homebuyer education workshop (class). Embarras River Basin Agency 400 W. Pleasant Greenup, IL 62468 217-923-3113 Sandy Deters email@example.com cell 217-276-1728
- Illinois Hardest Hit – helps pay your mortgage and catch up on taxes and fees for a period of time (up to a year) for those who have lost income or have a disability. Contact Erba (see above)
- USDA Home Mortgage Program – Get a low-interest loan for your house. Close quickly and lock in low rates. Low to no down payment. Also small rehab loans. Contact Erba (see above)
- Coles County Housing Rehab Grants – programs (grants) that help update your house for health, safety, and handicap accessibility. Contact Coles County Regional Planning – Coles Co Courthouse 651 Jackson Rm 309 Charleston, IL 61920 217-348-0521 Kevin McReynolds firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development has information about different programs by city and town. check out their website for more information.